IKGA KIKOFEST 2012
The International Kiko Goat Association (IKGA) 9th Annual KikoFest
Friday and Saturday, September 14 - 15, 2012
Massac County Fairgrounds, 4476 Korte Rd, Metropolis, Illinois 62960
Open to all meat goat enthusiasts, Everyone Welcome!
Plan to attend September 14 - 15
•KikoFest Goat University •Farm Displays
•Annual Kiko Goat Auction •Annual IKGA Members Meeting
Motel 8, 2055 E. 5th Street, Metropolis, IL 62960
Discounted room rate of $53.00 on Thursday night and $63.00 for Friday night.
Call 800-566-9970 to make your reservations and mention ‘IKGA KikoFest’.
Holiday Inn Express, 2179 East 5th Street Metropolis, IL 62960
Discounted room rate of $79.99 per night.
Call 618-524-9850 to make your reservations and mention ‘IKGA KikoFest’.
KikoFest Goat University September 14
Accurate, Current Information About the Kiko Goat and the Meat Goat Industry
- Successful Pasture and Forage Management
- Latest Meat Goat Research Information and Review
- Dr. Andrew Miller, Ph.D., Rush Creek Farms, Sidney, IL
- Dr. Jennifer Miller, DVM, Rush Creek Farms, Sidney, IL
- Richard Browning, Jr., Ph.D., Research Animal Scientist, Tennessee State University
- Greg Brann, Grazing Specialist, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Nashville, TN
- Dr. Maria L. Leite-Browning, D.V.M., M.S., Animal Ext. Scientist, Alabama A&M University
IKGA Annual Kiko Goat Auction September 15
Kiko Genetics With Performance Data!!!
Premium quality breeding stock including New Zealand Fullblood, Purebred, & Percentages. Livestock ranging from the "best of the best" to top notch crosses will be available.
Auction & Seminars are free to the public.
A Farm Display is an excellent way to show off your farm and bloodlines. Some KikoFest attendees do not have access to the Internet and many are new goat producers. This is a way to advertise your farm to future potential buyers. So bring pictures of your Kikos and LGDs to show off and start up conversations with other Kiko raisers and enthusiasts.
- Farm Display Hints:
- Pictures of herdsires and does with bloodlines listed or a copy of their Registration Papers.
- Pictures of your kid crop, birth weights, 30 day weights, 90 day weights, adg, etc.
- Pictures of any Kikos you have for sale.
- Your contact info available ( business cards work best )
- Give a description of your management practices.
- List your goals for your Kikos.
- List the different Classifications you are breeding. ( New Zealand, AP, Boki, MeatMaker, Commercial etc... )
- A lot of Farm Displays use the 3-sided Display Poster Boards and some have used laptops for PowerPoint Displays or Picture Slide Shows, digital picture frames can also be used for the Picture Slide Shows. *The IKGA is not responsible for safe-keeping of any personal property.